LMI Aerospace is a leading supplier of structural assemblies, kits and components and a provider of design engineering services to the commercial, business and regional and defense aerospace markets. LMI fabricates, machines, finishes, kits and assembles machined and formed close tolerance aluminum, specialty alloy and composite components. LMI also provides engineering and program management services, supporting aircraft product lifecycles from design to fleet support via complete turnkey engineering solutions.
Since 1948, we have provided cost-effective aerospace solutions to our customers’ most challenging problems. From a single part to a complex aerostructure, our integrated approach ensures that our customers receive the highest-quality products, the best customer service and the most outstanding value in the industry. In short, we take performance to a higher level.
LMI is headquartered in St. Louis and has 13 locations across the United States plus Mexico.
LMI is a member of the Sonaca Group, a global Belgian company active in the development, manufacturing and assembly of advanced structures for civil, military and space markets. The group is especially known for its capability to design and produce advanced structures such as wing movables and complex fuselages. The Sonaca Group is headquartered in Gosselies, Belgium, and also has production facilities in China, Romania, Canada and Brazil. Sonaca Group also supplies engineering services, large sheet metal elements, wing panels, composite structures and machined components.
Committed to Your Success
At LMI, we focus on giving our customers a competitive advantage so they can succeed in today’s demanding marketplace. Our relentless commitment to integrity, high quality and customer support makes us the go-to provider for leading original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), Tier 1 manufacturers and composite material suppliers supporting the development and production of commercial, business and regional or military aircraft.
Complete Solutions, One Provider
LMI gives you the best of both worlds. We’re large enough to provide capabilities that span the entire lifecycle of an aircraft, yet small enough to provide flexible, innovative solutions and responsive customer service. Bring us your toughest challenge. Our collaborative team of engineering and manufacturing experts have the skills and experience to solve your problems quickly and cost-effectively.
Higher Quality, Lower Cost, More Value
LMI has greater control over the supply chain, serving as a one-stop shop for aerospace structures, systems and components. By eliminating duplication, consolidating overhead and increasing efficiencies, we pass along significant savings to our customers, ensure the highest quality products, and provide consistent on-time delivery.
The LMI Advantage
- Save Time & Money—Partner with one integrated team for all your aerostructure needs
- Ensure Quality—Experience a higher level of design, engineering, fabrication and assembly
- Maximize Efficiencies—Realize faster delivery with lean processes and robust project management
- Enjoy Peace of Mind—Rely on the best talent in the industry and the most responsive customer service
History of Growth and Acquisition
- 1948: Founded as a manufacturer of components to large commercial aircraft market
- 1998: Went public; expanded capabilities and diversified operations through acquisitions
- 2001: Acquired Tempco Engineering, expanding the product line and adding technology components used in semiconductor and medical equipment
- 2001: Acquired Versaform Corporation and Southern Stretch Forming and Fabrication, Inc., adding large, formed metal component production capabilities
- 2003: Expanded into assembling and kitting; opened distribution center in Savannah, Georgia
- 2006: Opened 23,000 sq. ft. manufacturing center in Mexicali, Mexico
- 2007: Acquired D3 Technologies, Inc., adding structural design and analysis capabilities
- 2009: Acquired Intec, Inc., adding composite fabrication and structural testing capabilities
- 2012: Acquired TASS, Inc., adding aftermarket engineering capabilities
- 2012: Acquired Valent, Inc., adding assembly and machining capabilities
- 2017:LMI becomes an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Sonaca S.A.